The farmhouse "Castello di Catabbiaccio" is just 12 Km far from famous Saturnia hot weather spa, 20 Km from important centres of etruscan civilisation like Sovana, Pitigliano and Sorano, 50km from the nicest beaches of Argentario, Capalbio, Talamone and 30 km from beautiful Amiata Mount (1738m).
The farmhouse "Castello di Catabbiaccio" is a part of a biological farm which goes from the hill where the castle is ubicated (570m) and where you can have a view of 360°, to the Fiora river valley.
In the castle property there are many grounds and woods where it is easy to meet wild boars, rabbits, deers, porcupins.
There is also the chance to look for mushrooms and chestnuts in autumn period.
This agriturismo gives to everybody a sense of being in a magic place: nature so rich of colours and smells, walks along flowered narrow streets, tasteful food, archeological and historical sites, new sincere friendship.
HOSPITALITY IN THE CASTLE
The oldest part of the castle, called the “Fattoria” has been reconstructed with respect to the ancient structure and divided in this way:
-three double rooms with bathroom
-one suite on two decks for 4 person, with fireplace and bathroom
-dining room with fireplace and table for games
-Kitchen completely supplyed
In the west part of the castle there is a very pretty apartement called “Etrusco” on two decks with indipendent entrance , one double room, one twin room, kitchen , small cellar and bathroom.
Moreover, there is also the very suggestive “Casa Dell'Arco” with ancient arches and stone walls composed by:
-one double room with bathroom
-one room for 4 person with bathroom
-one very big double room with bathroom with 2 arches of the XIII century
- kitchen with fireplace
At every host disposal there is:
-a big saloon used for breakfasts, dinners and every other event
-a tavern taken out an ancient cellar with arch of 1200, used for parties and pic nic.
-a swimming pool
HOSPITALITY IN THE COUNTRY HOUSES
For who loves a cheap holiday, indipendent and in the middle of the nature, there are two beatiful countryies houses in the farm, which has been reconstructed recently and can be used as holiday houses.
PODERINO DELLE CROCI
It is situated in the centre of the farm, in a nice position looking on the Fiora river valley.
It is on two decks and it is composed by:
-Ground zero: kitchen with fireplace, double room with fireplace, 2 bathrooms with shower
-First floor: two big bedrooms for 4 person every and one bathroom.
Outside a nice garden with table, chairs, gazebo and and ancient oven to cook
It is situated in the part of the property toward the Amiata mount in the middle of the cultivated grounds so it 's easy to see wildboars ot other wild animals from the house windows!
The house is on two decks:
-Gound zero: Kitchen with fireplace, doubleroom with fireplace, two bathrooms with shower
-First Floor: two big bedrooms for 4 person every and one bathroom.
Outside a nice garden with table, chairs and gazebo.
SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES
In the park, near the pool, in a small recently renovated stone cottage, there is the "Finnish sauna" with a beautiful travertine sink, made by hand and the shower cubicle.
Another travertine sink, hand carved, is located in the basement, below the Castle, where courses are promoted for "shiatsu", yoga, singing and various seminars as well as exhibitions and flea markets for antiques.
The farm is completely biological, the cultivation of cereals (wheat, oats, barley, field bean), in addition to the magnificent chestnut Castagneta with all grafted.
Guests on request can make tour with our jeep to visit the other houses as well as go up to the river Fiora and admire evening every type of prime wildlife, wild boars, porcupines, badgers, deer, deer and even wolves.
In autumn periods accompany the tourists in search of mushrooms, eggs and mushrooms, which abound in our woods, rain permitting.
We got a prime reserve, the area surrounded by signs, so that tourists can be fun to collect, behind the headline teaching farm.
THE CASTLE HISTORY
The oldest part is called the “Fattoria” which has medioeval origin. In the tavern there is one arch of the XIII century.
The Castle has been owned by the family Aldobrandeschi, before been conquered by the Orsini from Pitigliano in 1216 who owned it till 1416, when passed under Siena possession.
In 1481 Catabbiaccio passed under the church and it is known that also Ildebrando from Sovana becomed pope Gregorio VII lived in the castle.
At the end of 1800 Catabbiaccio Castle was bought by Domenico Tonielli and in 1926 Giulio Forani bought the property, still owned by the family.
- Apartments: 5
- Villas or cottages: 3
- Car park
- Panoramic view
- Terrace or garden