Agriturismo Villa il Palagetto
Agriturismo Villa il Palagetto located in the vicinity of the medieval centre of San Gimignano, nestled in the rolling hills of the gorgeous Tuscan countryside.
Loved by customers for...
Provides comfortable accommodation in 6 double bedrooms and two Suites
In the vicinity of the medieval centre of San Gimignano, nestled in the rolling hills of the gorgeous Tuscan countryside, Agriturismo Villa il Palagetto is perfectly located for exploring Tuscany’s most prized art towns such as Siena (30Km), Florence (35Km), and Volterra (25Km). This farmhouse is part of Azienda Agricola Palagetto, a local concern which produces exclusive wines and fine extra-virgin olive oil, whilst provides comfortable accommodation in 6 double bedrooms and two Suites with modern ensuite bathrooms. The rooms are named after the traditional Tuscan wines that made Azienda Agricola Palagetto famous all over the world.
The farmhouse Villa il Palagetto is located on the hillside 800m from the medieval town of San Gimignano and its beautiful towers. It is surrounded by the estate vineyards and olive groves, and immersed in the large and immaculate gardens of the tiny rural hamlet of Villa Palagetto, a group of ancient buildings dating back to the fourteenth century. Originally farmers’ houses, they have been carefully renovated and turned into comfortable holiday accommodation for guests seeking for a relaxing holiday in a peaceful haven, enjoying genuine local food and excellent wines.
In the magic atmosphere of a long-lasting tradition, guests are offered:
- six comfortable double rooms and two Suites fitted with all modern comforts for a relaxing holiday in the heart of the countryside
- il Vecchio Granaio (the old barn) with its typical frontyard. This building has been recently restored and breakfast is served here. Typical Tuscan dinners can be organized on request with tasting of the estate wines;
- Typical Tuscan food that can be tasted together with the prestigious wines of the estate;
- The estate products: fine-quality wines, Vin Santo (Tuscan dessert wine), grappa, and a precious extra-virgin olive oil;
- guided tours of the producing farm, including the modern and fascinating wine cellar and the estate mill;
- guided wine tasting of the elegant local wines obtained with own-produced grapes. Tastings are held in the tasting room of the modern cellar;
- a panoramic swimming pool with a large sun terrace, which enjoys lovely views of the varied Tuscan countryside, with its vineyards, olive groves, cultivated fields and woodland, and last… but not least ……..
- the friendly presence of the whole staff at Agriturismo Villa il Palagetto , Sabrina and Mario, the attentive owners, the reception staff who is extremely helpful and ready to provide guests with all kind of information, and the cellar staff, who guides the estate tours and leads visitors in the magic world of the wine cellar and into the mill, introducing the local wines and the extra-virgin olive oil.
Guided wine tasting tours
The guided tours of our modern winery and olive press are followed by a wine tasting experience, where visitors are welcome to try both red and white wines, younger and more aged. Guests are also introduced to our own extra virgin olive oil, produced on the estate.
The wine tasting is carried out either in our wine tasting saloon, or in one of our barrel rooms. Experience at first hand a busy working winery.
During your stay at one of our Agriturismi, you can try your hand at Tuscan cuisine. Our chefs will be more than happy to invite you to join them for a cookery course, where you can learn how to prepare traditional dishes such as home made pasta and Ragu sauce.
Other Hotel Services
Buffet breakfast, a varied choice available for all tastes
Cleaning carried out by qualified professionals
Panoramic swimming pool and sun terrace, the ideal position for enjoying a glass of wine
Wi-Fi free of charge, to enable you to stay in contact with the rest of the world while enjoying the peace and quiet of the Tuscan countryside
Helpful, friendly reception staff who are always willing to help with local information etc.
With its beautifully tended gardens and outdoor spaces, the Agriturismo Villa Pallagetto is particularly suitable for organised events such as wedding receptions, baptisms, communions, anniversaries, birthday parties etc.
Services & activities:
The following prices apply to the basic B&B service:
Double bedroom from 95.00 to 120.00 € (B&B)
Suite: from 120.00 to 140.00 € (B&B)
Breakfast: included for the B&B service
Apartments 2 pax: from 115,00 to 130,00 € per night (no breakfast included)
Apartments 4 pax: from 150,00 to 170,00 € per night (no breakfast included)
Apartments in medieval tower: from 175,00 to 215,00 € per night (no breakfast included)
Heating and Air Conditioning: included
Cleaning: every day
Linen Change: every three nights, more frequently on request
Hair-dryer: on request
Private Parking; free of charge
Use of the pool: free of charge, including sun umbrellas and sun loungers for the guests of the Agriturismo. Pool towels are not provided
Laundry Service: 3.00 Euro for each use of the washing machine
Tasting of the estate wines: locally
Direct sale: local produce, wine and extra-virgin olive oil of high quality
Wi-Fi: free of charge
Restaurant: in our typical restaurant guests can enjoy traditional Tuscan food with a variety of choices
Pets allowed (extra charge of Euro 15)
Public transports: 500m to the stop of the local city bus
Check-in: from 2,30pm to 7,30pm
Check-out: no later than 10am
Accommodation Tax: according to local regulations
Via Monteoliveto, 46, San Gimignano (Siena)
Sat Coordinates: Lat. 43.457966 - Lon.11.039414
Agriturismo Villa il Palagetto is located not far from the historical centre of San Gimignano, in the heart of the Tuscan hilly countryside.
GPS: N 43° 27' 29,0" - E 011° 02' 21,9"
Coming from Florence and/or Pisa (via Florence):
Exit motorway at Firenze-Impruneta and take the dual carriageway Florence-Siena, first right signposted Siena. Take the first exit for Poggibonsi (called Poggibonsi Nord);
Coming from Siena:
Take the dual carriageway Siena-Florence. Follow signs for Firenze and take the second exit for Poggibonsi (called Poggibonsi Nord);
From exit Poggibonsi Nord follow signs for San Gimignano and continue for about 11km. At the roundabout with roses at the south entrance of San Gimignano, follow signs for Volterra; proceed on this road for 300mt, on the left you will see a big iron gate which open on the entrance alley to Villa Palagetto. Here you are: welcome!View on google maps
Experiences that you can have at Agriturismo Villa il Palagetto
SEND A REQUEST
Send your request for availability directly to Agriturismo Villa il Palagetto at best price available on the web.
All fields marked with * are required. You must select at least one type of accommodation.
Tuscany-charming OFFERS ONLY SELECTED ACCOMMODATIONS IN TUSCANY.
Why book from here? Find out who we are and what we offer?